Cette page n'est pas intégralement disponible en français, vous pouvez la consulter en anglais.
The international workshop 'Strengthening south-south collaboration on World Heritage and sustainable tourism' will be held at Hongcun Village, Anhui Province in China.
This international workshop will focus on the power of tourism for local economic development and the conservation of heritage values through international cooperation. It is expected that the outcomes emanating from this meeting will be of value to participating countries aiming to develop sustainable tourism potentials at World Heritage properties.
AIM OF THE WORKSHOP:
- Showcase and share international good practice approaches and other capacity-building tools to promote, recognize and incentivize sustainable tourism practices and products at and around World Heritage sites with a special focus on China and Africa.
- Explore new ideas and trends in terms of visitation, connectivity, and interpretation.
- Encourage World Heritage stakeholders to consider the benefits & impact of new technologies and travel and visitor trends could have for their own sites and allow them to investigate those further.
- Identify priority areas of intervention in order to address unsustainable trends in tourism development.
- Identify potential areas for international cooperation and partnerships.
For more information about the Agenda of the workshop, please consult the attached document.