This World Heritage Media/Communication Training Workshop is for young people from Asian youth organizations who have already participated in World Heritage Education Programme activities such as the World Heritage Volunteers and World Heritage Youth Forums.
This activity allows young people to develop specific skills that they can apply to their activities related to World Heritage, and bolsters networks among young people involved in heritage preservation and outreach.
What are the objectives?
To provide a platform for exchange and networking among youth volunteers and young people.
To contribute to capacity building of young people through skills training in the field of media and communications
To promote awareness on importance of communication as an essential element of World Heritage Volunteers.
To introduce educational tools for communication, present ways to deliver messages effectively and share knowledge.
participants must be
- At least 18 years old and fluent in English;
- Actively involved in World Heritage related projects in their organization or country, currently or in the past, and have experience in youth project conception and implementation as team leader;
- Be working on or planning a World Heritage project, or have a past project as an example;
- Be willing to create and implement a communication plan for their World Heritage project(s);
- Have the possibility to involve other young people in their project activities and promote their project in their local communities, and share results afterward.
The organizer shall cover the following: participants’ international transport by plane (from the main airport of the originating country to Seoul); transport to Gyeongju, visa, insurance as well as food and accommodation from 8 Oct (dinner) to 14 Oct (breakfast). All other costs will need to be covered by participants individually, i.e. transport from your residence to the airport.
Once selected, participants will be expected to:
- Review the workshop handout which will be sent to them in advance;
- Prepare and present a description of their project/activity related to World Heritage (which they have organized in the past or will hold in the future) that includes a communication element;
- Bring their own equipment (e.g. laptops, video cameras etc.);
- Participate in the cultural event of the workshop by bringing souvenirs for participants from their country.
The training workshop is organized by UNESCO World Heritage Centre in cooperation with Better World and with the support of Panasonic.
If you are interested, please fill in the application form.
Selected participants will be contacted directly.
The application deadline is 31 August to 2014.