- Asuka-Fujiwara: Archaeological sites of Japan’s Ancient Capitals and Related Properties (30/01/2007)
- Hikone-Jo (castle) (01/10/1992)
- Hiraizumi – Temples, Gardens and Archaeological Sites Representing the Buddhist Pure Land (extension) (25/09/2012)
- Temples, Shrines and other structures of Ancient Kamakura (01/10/1992)
- The Sado complex of heritage mines, primarily gold mines (22/11/2010)
Tentative Lists of all States Parties must comply with the Operational Guidelines. Out of 194 States Parties to the Convention, 185 have submitted a Tentative List.