Terms / Policies
- All information provided in UNESCO/WHC website is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute a legal contract between the UNESCO/WHC and any person or entity unless otherwise specified. Information on official UNESCO/WHC website is subject to change without prior notice. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, the UNESCO/WHC makes no guarantees of any kind.
- The UNESCO/WHC website may contain information that is created and maintained by a variety of sources both internal and external to UNESCO’s World Heritage Centre. These sites may be unmoderated forums containing the personal opinions and other expressions of the persons who post the entries. UNESCO’s World Heritage Centre does not control, monitor or guarantee the information contained in these sites or information contained in links to other external web sites, and does not endorse any views expressed or products or services offered therein. In no event shall UNESCO’s World Heritage Centre be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such site or resource.
- All photographs and other elements of the UNESCO World Heritage Centre website are protected by international treaties on intellectual property and other applicable laws. The elements it displays may not be copied or retransmitted by any means without explicit authorisation from the World Heritage Centre or the copyright holders.
|Intellectual Property||License source||License / Read Usage Terms|
The elements may not be copied or retransmitted by any means without explicit authorisation from the World Heritage Centre. Any use of photographs requires a separate request for authorization from the World Heritage Centre.
non © UNESCO
Format for the nomination of properties for inscription on the World Heritage List - Annex5
States Parties are encouraged to grant to UNESCO, in written form and free of charge, the non exclusive cession of rights to diffuse, to communicate to the public, to publish, to reproduce, to exploit, in any form and on any support, including digital, all or part of the images provided and license these rights to third parties.
The non exclusive cession of rights does not impinge upon intellectual property rights (rights of the photographer / director of the video or copyright owner if different) and that when the images are distributed by UNESCO a credit to the photographer / director of the video is always given, if clearly provided in the form.
All possible profits deriving from such cession of rights will go to the World Heritage Fund.
|non © UNESCO||Not property of UNESCO, property of third parties, copyright holders, who authorize the UNESCO World Heritage Centre to display and distribute them. Any use of photographs requires a separate request for authorization from copyright holders.|
non © UNESCO
|Creative Commons Licenses||see creativecommons.org/licenses/|
|Public Domain||Public Domain|
|No copyrights||No license source|
- Any links to external websites and/or non-World Heritage information provided or returned from UNESCO’s World Heritage Centre web search engines are provided as a courtesy. They should not be construed as an endorsement by UNESCO’s World Heritage Centre of the content or views of the linked materials.
Linking Policy: terms and conditions of use
We welcome links to http://whc.unesco.org and ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- Do not incorporate any content from this site into your site (e.g., by in-lining, framing or creating other browser or border environments around UNESCO/WHC content). You may only link to, not replicate content.
- Unless we enter into a specific written agreement with you, you may not use any UNESCO or World Heritage names, emblems, designs, abstracts or service marks in or with your links, except that you may link to the UNESCO/WHC website using the plain text name of that site or the plain text name of World Heritage Centre. For further information about Partnership development see PACT regulatory framework. For further information about the Rules and Regulations governing the use of the World Heritage emblem please see Operational Guidelines Chapter VIII.
- Your site should make every effort not to present false information about UNESCO or World Heritage.
- You may not sell, license, or otherwise assign the use of any material from UNESCO’s or the World Heritage Centre’s web site.
- Do not present the link to UNESCO/WHC in any way which would suggest that UNESCO/WHC has any relationship or affiliation with your site or endorses your site, products or services, unless there is a specific written agreement between our two entities.
- Do not use any of UNESCO or World Heritage names, emblems, designs, abstracts or service marks or any other words or codes identifying UNESCO/WHC's web sites in any "metatag" or other information used by search engines or other information location tools to identify and select sites, without UNESCO/WHC's express written permission for a particular use.
- Your site should not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive, controversial or that is in any way incompatible with the aims and principles of UNESCO.
- UNESCO/WHC controls and operates this web site from UNESCO's headquarters in Paris, France. If you use UNESCO/WHC materials from locations outside of France, you are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws.
- UNESCO/WHC may at any time revise this Linking Policy. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current version of the policy.