English Français

State Stud-Farm Estate of Mezöhegyes

Date de soumission : 28/12/2000
Critères: (iii)(iv)
Catégorie : Culturel
Soumis par :
Hungarian Min. of Cultural HeritageSecretariat of the Hungarian Committee of the World Heritage.
Coordonnées N46 21E38 29
Ref.: 1500
Avertissement

Les Listes indicatives des États parties sont publiées par le Centre du patrimoine mondial sur son site Internet et/ou dans les documents de travail afin de garantir la transparence et un accès aux informations et de faciliter l'harmonisation des Listes indicatives au niveau régional et sur le plan thématique.

Le contenu de chaque Liste indicative relève de la responsabilité exclusive de l'État partie concerné. La publication des Listes indicatives ne saurait être interprétée comme exprimant une prise de position de la part du Comité du patrimoine mondial, du Centre du patrimoine mondial ou du Secrétariat de l'UNESCO concernant le statut juridique d'un pays, d'un territoire, d'une ville, d'une zone ou de leurs frontières.

Les noms des biens figurent dans la langue dans laquelle les États parties les ont soumis.

Description

The Stud-farm Institute, later Stud-farm Estate founded by Emperor Joseph II. in 1784 has been a major centre and organisational example of the highest standard horse-breeding and animal husbandry.

The first buildings of the estate were built in a short time. Eventually they developed into a unique architectural and agricultural complex. Besides the value of the species of horses (Nonius breed, Gidran, Mezohegyes halfbred) bred there, the architecture of the complex is also of exceeding value.

The layout of the large-scale farm which incorporates all the complementary branches necessary in horse-breeding as well as the urban appearance of the headquarters of this institution of military character is an original, definitive landscape-forming construction. Its most important architectural elements: old stud-farm yard 1785, two horse-herder cottages 1785, two old barracks 1786, bailiffs’ houses, horse-herders’ inn 1800, management building 1786, glass granary; in Újmezohegyes: construction stores 1860-70, new barracks 1790, miller quarters – dry mills 1790, bailiffs’ house. Three stud yards, headquarters of commander, covered riding-hall, North and South arches, gates, fence posts, animal hospital, oat storage towers, granaries, barns and several more buildings and structures.

The landscape has been reshaped by forest plantations and farm buildings.