English Français
Aidez maintenant !

Ensemble du monastère de Ferapontov

Ensemble of the Ferapontov Monastery

The Ferapontov Monastery, in the Vologda region in northern Russia, is an exceptionally well-preserved and complete example of a Russian Orthodox monastic complex of the 15th-17th centuries, a period of great significance in the development of the unified Russian state and its culture. The architecture of the monastery is outstanding in its inventiveness and purity. The interior is graced by the magnificent wall paintings of Dionisy, the greatest Russian artist of the end of the 15th century.

Ensemble du monastère de Ferapontov

Le monastère de Ferapontov est situé dans la région de Vologda, en Russie septentrionale. C'est un exemple exceptionnellement bien conservé et complet d'un ensemble monastique russe orthodoxe des XVe -XVIIe siècles, période d'une grande importance dans le développement de l'Etat russe unifié et de sa culture. L'architecture du monastère est remarquable par son inventivité et sa pureté. Son intérieur est rehaussé de magnifiques peintures murales de Dionisii, le plus grand artiste russe de la fin du XVe siècle.

مجمّع دير فيرابونتوف

يقع دير فيرابونتوف في منطقة فولوغدا في روسيا الشماليّة. وهو مثال مكتمل وحسن الحفظ لمجموعة أديرة روسيّة أرثوذكسيّة للقرون من الخامس إلى السابع عشر وهي حقبة مهمة لتطوّر الدولة الروسيّة الموحّدة وثقافتها. وهندسة الدير تتميّز بإبداعها ونقاوتها. فداخلها يضمّ جدرانيّات ديونيسي الرائعة وهو أعظم فنان روسي لأواخر القرن الخامس عشر.

source: UNESCO/ERI



source: UNESCO/ERI

Ансамбль Ферапонтова монастыря

Ферапонтов монастырь располагается в Вологодской области, на севере Европейской части России. Это исключительно хорошо сохранившийся православный монастырский комплекс XV-XVII вв., т.е. периода, имевшего огромное значение для формирования централизованного российского государства и развития его культуры. Архитектура монастыря своеобразна и целостна. В интерьере храма Рождества Богородицы сохранились великолепные настенные фрески Дионисия – величайшего русского художника конца XV в.

source: UNESCO/ERI

Conjunto del monasterio de Ferapontov

Situado en la región de Vologda, en el norte de Rusia, el monasterio de Ferapontov es un conjunto monástico ortodoxo muy bien conservado que data de los siglos XV al XVII, período de gran trascendencia en el desarrollo del Estado ruso unificado y de su cultura. La arquitectura del monasterio es notable por su creatividad y la pureza de sus líneas. El interior está ornamentado con magníficos murales de Dionisii, el más eximio de los pintores rusos de finales del siglo XV.

source: UNESCO/ERI


source: NFUAJ

Kloostercomplex Ferapontov

Het Ferapontov klooster ligt in de Vologda regio in het noorden van Rusland. Het is een uitzonderlijk goed bewaard gebleven en compleet voorbeeld van een Russisch-orthodox kloostercomplex uit de 15e tot de 17e eeuw. Deze periode was van grote betekenis voor de ontwikkeling van de verenigde Russische staat en zijn cultuur. De architectuur van het klooster blinkt uit vanwege zijn inventiviteit en zuiverheid. Het interieur wordt gesierd door de prachtige muurschilderingen van Dionisy, de grootste Russische kunstenaar van het einde van de 15e eeuw. Het klooster werd in 1398 gesticht door Sint Ferapont.

Source : unesco.nl

  • Anglais
  • Français
  • Arabe
  • Chinois
  • Russe
  • Espagnol
  • Japonais
  • Néerlandais
Ensemble du monastère de Ferapontov © Public Domain
Justification d'inscription

Critère (i) : Les peintures murales de Dionisii, dans la cathédrale de la Nativité de la Vierge au monastère de Ferapontov, sont l’expression de l’art mural russe à son apogée, aux XVe-XVIe siècles.

Critère (iv) : L’ensemble du monastère de Ferapontov est l’exemple le plus pur et le plus complet de communauté monastique orthodoxe des XVe-XVIIe siècles, période cruciale dans le développement culturel et spirituel de la Russie.

Description longue
[Uniquement en anglais]

The wall paintings of Dionisii in the Cathedral of the Nativity of the Virgin at Ferrapontov Monastery are the highest expression of Russian mural art in the 15th-16th centuries. The Monastery itself is the purest and most complete example of an Orthodox monastic community from the 15th-17th centuries, a crucial period in the cultural and spiritual development of Russia.

The Monastery was founded in 1398 by St Ferrapont, a friend and associate of St Kirill Belozerskii. It achieved renown thanks to St Kirill's pupil, St Martinian Belozerskii, who was hegumen (abbot) of the Troitse-Sergiev Monastery in 1447-55. Together with Kirillo-Belozersk Monastery, it became the favoured place of worship and of endowment for many members of the Russian feudal aristocracy and rulers. At the turn of the 15th century, it produced many notable leaders of the Russian Orthodox Church who played leading parts in the country's life.

Work began on the brick ensemble of the monastery in 1490 with the erection of the Cathedral of the Nativity of the Virgin by master builders from Rostov, followed by the Church of the Annunciation, the Treasury Chamber, and ancillary buildings. In the 17th century the Gate Church, the Church of St Martinian and the bell tower were added. Princes and tsars came to worship there and Ivan IV granted it special privileges and charters. Securing the relics of Martinian and his subsequent canonization made it a place of pilgrimage and attracted many gifts and endowments. It became the richest landowner in the Lake Beloye region, owning some 60 villages, to be formally abolished by the Synod in 1798. In the 19th century a diminished area of the complex was enclosed by a brick wall. It reopened as a convent for nuns in 1904, but this was closed in 1924. It currently serves as the museum of the frescoes of Dionisii, opened in the first half of the 20th century, but greatly enlarged and improved since 1975.

There are six major elements in the complex of the Ferrapontov Monastery:

The Cathedral of the Nativity of the Virgin (1490), the nucleus of the monastery, is a three-aisled structure surmounted by a dome, its slender proportions emphasized by vertical rows of pilasters. The upper parts of the facades are decorated with rows of balusters and ceramic plaques with floral ornamentation, while the lower portions bear fantastic masks and floral ornament reminiscent of the white limestone carvings of the Vladimir churches. The interior is divided by two rows of four stout pillars and the drum is supported by vaulting. The entire surface of the interior is covered by the mural paintings of Dionisii Mudrii (the Wise), arranged in rows that vary in size with the architectural elements of the building. There are also paintings on the exterior, in the central part of the western wall and in the lower part of the southern wall, above the grave of St Martinian.

The Church of the Annunciation (1530-31) and refectory was donated by the Great Prince Vassilii II to commemorate the birth of his heir, the future Ivan IV. It is the earliest example in northern Russia of a church surmounted by a bell tower. The two-storey Treasury Chamber is the oldest brick civil building in northern Russia. It was used for storing the monastery's documents and other treasures.

The Church of St Martinian (1641), characteristic of 17th-century Russian church architecture, was built above the grave of St Martinian, up against the southern wall of the Cathedral of the Nativity of the Virgin. In form it is a simple cube with an eight-faceted 'tent' or spire and a slender drum. It is lit from above, directing the daylight on the grave of the second founder of the monastery.

The small Gate Churches of the Epiphany and St Ferrapont (1650) are built around the double Holy Gates, and their structure is unusual. Their spires surmount the centre of the gate building and are supported on its walls rather than those of the churches themselves. The bell tower (1680s) crowns the building linking the refectory and the Cathedral of the Nativity of the Virgin. It contains 17 bells and the spire contains a clock mechanism from 1638, the oldest in Russia.

Description historique

Le monastère est fondé en 1398 par saint Ferapont, ami et collègue de saint Kirill Belozerskii. Il doit son renom à un élève de saint Kirill, saint Martinien Belozerskii, higoumène (supérieur) du monastère de Troitse-Sergiev en 1447-1455.

Avec le monastère de Kirillo-Belozersk, il devient le lieu de culte de prédilection et l'objet de donations de nombreux membres de l'aristocratie féodale russe, comme Andrei et Mikhail Mozhayskiye, et des souverains, comme Vassili III et Ivan IV. À la fin du XVe siècle, plusieurs hauts dignitaires de l'Église orthodoxe russe formés au monastère jouent un rôle prépondérant dans la vie du pays, comme les archevêques Rostovskii et Yaroslavskii Iossaf (Obolensky), les évêques Permskii et Vologodskii Filofei et l'évêque Suzdalskii Ferapont. C'est également le lieu d'exil des ecclésiastiques de haut rang qui se battent pour la prévalence de l'Église, comme le métropolite Spiridon-Savva et le patriarche Nikon.

En 1490, les travaux commencent sur l'ensemble du monastère, bâti en briques, avec l'élévation de la cathédrale de la Nativité de la Vierge par des maîtres d'œuvre de Rostov. Pendant le siècle qui suit, l'église monumentale de l'Annonciation, la salle du trésor et les édifices annexes sont ajoutés. L'ensemble se remet des incursions lithuaniennes du XVIe siècle et, au siècle suivant, l'église de la Porte, l'église Saint-Martinien et le clocher sont ajoutés.

Le XVIe siècle marque la période de plus grande prospérité du monastère. Des princes et des tsars viennent y célébrer leur culte, et Ivan IV lui accorde des privilèges et des chartes spéciaux. Les reliques de Martinien et sa canonisation ultérieure en font un lieu de pèlerinage et lui valent une multitude de dons et de dotations. Le monastère devient le plus riche propriétaire terrien de la région du lac Beloye avec ses soixante villages.

Le monastère est formellement aboli par décret du Synode en 1798. Au XIXe siècle, une petite zone du complexe est enfermée dans un mur de briques. Il rouvre en tant que couvent pour des religieuses en 1904, mais ferme en 1924. Il fait actuellement office de musée, où sont conservées les fresques de Dionisii. Ouvert au cours de la première moitié du XXe siècle, il a été nettement agrandi et amélioré depuis 1975.

Source : évaluation des Organisations consultatives
Actualités rss (1)