Décision : CONF 003 XI.23
[Uniquement en anglais] Procedure for the evaluation and examination of Nominations to the World Heritage List
The Committee agreed to support the holding of meetings which could :
- help to create interest in the Convention within the countries of a given region ;
- create a greater awareness of the different issues related to the implementation of the Convention to promote more active involvement in its application ;
- be a means of exchanging experiences ;
- stimulate critical evaluation and comparative assessments prior to the submission of tentative lists and nominations ;
- stimulate joint promotional activities.
The Committee agreed to make funds available for this activity from the World Heritage Fund and expressed the hope that States would contribute to the cost and management of such meetings.