Report of the 40th Anniversary of the World Heritage Convention
The UNESCO World Heritage Centre published a brochure reporting the events and activities carried out in 2012 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the World Heritage Convention. This colorful, illustrated publication provides a record of the various initiatives that the World Heritage community undertook at the international, national and local levels-- more than 120 events in 48 countries -- to mark this important milestone in the history of the Convention. It also presents the lessons learnt through a number of discussions held on the anniversary theme,World Heritage and Sustainable Development: the Role of Local Communities, which proved to be especially relevant and timely.
The production of the report was financed by the Japanese Funds-in-Trust.
The report brochure is available in PDF in English and French, and may be downloaded below.
- 40th anniversary: Proceedings of the Closing Event published Sunday, November 17, 2013
- Report of the 40th Anniversary Year activities: Celebrating 40 years of the World Heritage Convention and looking forward to tomorrow Thursday, June 6, 2013
- World Heritage Convention 40th anniversary celebrations: Closing event Nov 6, 2012-Nov 8, 2012
- Launching Ceremony for the 40th Anniversary of the World Heritage Convention in Japan Feb 12, 2012
- Ceremonial launch of the World Heritage Convention 40th anniversary year Jan 30, 2012-Jan 30, 2012