Report on the 40th anniversary celebrations
The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC-13/37.COM/5E,
- Takes note with appreciation of the results of the activities undertaken for the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the World Heritage Convention under the theme “World Heritage and Sustainable Development: the Role of Local Communities”;
- Requests the World Heritage Centre, in cooperation with the Advisory Bodies and in the framework of the Capacity Building Strategy, to seek extrabudgetary support with a view to the possible establishment, on a biennial basis, of a recognition of a best practice in priority domains of the implementation of the World Heritage Convention ;
- Also requests the Advisory Bodies in consultation with the Centre to seek extrabudgetary funding to develop, for examination at the next session, a scoping study on the establishment of a Site Management Network to facilitate sharing of best practice heritage management, including on its possible composition and functioning, its added value and cost implications, and report on this within the framework of the item on capacity building;
- Further requests the World Heritage Centre to build upon the results from the celebration of the 40th Anniversary of the Convention;
- Finally requests the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies to report on the implementation of the two initiatives within the progress report on the Capacity Building Strategy to be presented at the 38th Committee session in 2014.