The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.1, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Encourages the Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA) to act without delay on the measures planned to strictly regulate and control tourism in the Crater and move immigrants, NCAA and tourist lodge staff out of the property;
4. Notes that the World Heritage Centre and IUCN have received a number of reports highlighting concerns on the state of conservation of the property;
5. Urges the State Party to consult widely, including with IUCN and the World Heritage Centre, on the completion of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) relating to the new lodge development on the rim of the Crater and to carefully consider alternative options such as the development of an already existing lodge or the development of the lodge outside the property;
6. Requests the State Party to invite a joint World Heritage Centre/IUCN monitoring mission to visit the property so that they may provide a detailed report to the World Heritage Committee at its 31st session in 2007 on the state of conservation of the property, with particular attention being given to overall management and resourcing, visitor management and infrastructure development, the resident pastoralist population, illegal cultivation and encroachment;
7. Invites the State Party to provide a detailed report by 1 February 2007 on the outcomes of the EIAs relating to the lodge development and vehicle congestion; measures to mitigate the negative impacts of tourism and increase revenue for the management of the property and local communities; measures to control cultivation, encroachment, immigration, and numbers of livestock; and to move immigrants to agricultural land outside the property.