State of Conservation (Niokolo-Koba National Park)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B.Add,
2. Notes with great concern the reports of ongoing and potential threats to the values and integrity of the property;
3. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre a full copy of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment of the proposed road upgrading project as well as the final report on the wildlife inventory that took place in May/June 2006;
4. Also requests the State Party to invite a joint World Heritage Centre/IUCN mission to assess the state of conservation of the property, in particular the status of key wildlife populations and the causes of the reported declines in their population sizes, as well as potential impacts of the proposed road construction project;
5. Further requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with a detailed report by 1 February 2007 on the state of conservation of the property, in particular the status of key wildlife populations, the causes for their decline and steps to be taken to improve the management of the property and potential impacts of the proposed road construction project, for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.