Mission Val de Loire
Under the aegis of the Centre and Pays de la Loire Regions, Mission Val de Loire is responsible for valorising the area’s inclusion on the World Heritage List and fostering transmission of the values that earned such international recognition.
The Loire Valley between Sully-sur-Loire in Loiret and Chalonnes-sur-Loire in Maine-et-Loire has been included on this list as a cultural landscape in 2000.
Mission Val de Loire is also involved in territorial and planning project development and has a team of 10 professionals who coordinate and develop and implement conservation and management activities related to the safeguard of the Outstanding Universal Value of the site.
Director of Mission Val de Loire
General Secretary and communication
Chloé CAMPO DE MONTAUZON, secretary general
Francis VAUTIER, communication and networks project manager
Mickaël POIROUX, digital and information project manager
Margo DUVAL, project manager
Catherine BESNARD, assistant
Aurore VAUCELLE (morning) and Sylvie EVRARD (afternoon), secretary / reception
Education and culture
Rémi DELEPLANCQUE, education and culture project manager
Céline VALLEE, apprentice
Myriam LAIDET, sustainable development project manager
Xavier MESMACQUE, apprentice
Partnerships / Activities (3)
- Rivers and Heritage: Niger-Loire, Governance and Culture project. Development of heritage and support for management of land and water resources, Mali
- Support for the creation of the Indian Heritage Cities Network (IHCN)
- Technical cooperation for the enhancement, development and protection of the Town of Luang Prabang, Lao People's Democratic Republic
- "Rivers and heritage" UNESCO Chair created Monday, 15 July 2013
- Val de Loire – World Heritage Interpretation, Training for guides 28-Nov-2007-30-Nov-2007