The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Documents WHC-06/30.COM/8B and WHC-06/30.COM/INF.8B.1,
2. Inscribes the Stone Circles of Senegambia, Gambia and Senegal, on the World Heritage List on the basis of criteria (i) and (iii):
Criterion (i): The finely worked individual stones display precise and skilful stone working practices and contribute to the imposing order and grandeur of the overall stone circle complexes.
Criterion (iii): The nominated stone circles, represent the wider megalithic zone, in which the survival of so many circles is a unique manifestation of construction and funerary practices which persisted for over a millennia and a half across a large sweep of landscape, and reflects a sophisticated and productive society.
3. Recommends that the States Parties give consideration to extending the nominated sites to include quarry sites;
4. Also recommends that the States Parties consider nominating further sites as part of a wider cultural landscape serial nomination in order to sustain more of the megalithic landscape of Senegambia;
5. Further recommends that a research strategy be put in place to address the wider associations of the stone circles and to record in more detail the megalithic zone.