Maya Site of Copán (Honduras)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 29 COM 7B.90 and 30 COM 7B.95, adopted at its 29th (Durban, 2005) and 30th (Vilnius, 2006) sessions respectively,
3. Also recalling the recommendations of the previous monitoring missions of 1999, 2003 and 2005,
4. Notes with satisfaction that the State Party has decided not to proceed with the construction of the planned airport at Rio Amarillo Valley, and invites the State Party to submit by 1 February 2008 details of plans for the alternative airport site for consideration by the World Heritage Centre and ICOMOS;
5. Encourages the State Party to identify funding in order to conduct the Public Use Study for the conservation, presentation and management of the future RioAmarilloArchaeologicalPark and to complement the already existent management plan for the Archaeological site of Copán, which is under review,
6. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2008, a detailed report on the state of conservation of the property and on the progress made in the review of the management plan for the property, for the examination by the Committee at its 32nd session in 2008.