Colonial City of Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 30 COM 7B.94, adopted at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006),
3. Notes the progress in the development of a fully integrated approach to risk management;
4. Requests the State Party to formally submit any proposed modifications to the buffer zone for approval by the World Heritage Committee. Such submission should include appropriate cartography as well as the legal framework;
5. Invites the State Party to provide the current draft of the new law for the protection of immovable heritage for consideration by the World Heritage Centre and ICOMOS;
6. Requests the State Party provide a progress report to the World Heritage Centre on the details of development control for the new buffer zone by 1 February 2009, for examination by the Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.