The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-10/34.COM/9B,
2. Recalling Decisions 32 COM 10B and 33 COM 10A adopted at its 32nd (Quebec City, 2008) and 33rd (Seville, 2009) sessions respectively and thanking the State Party of Switzerland for having hosted the International Expert Meeting on serial nominations and properties (Ittingen, Switzerland, 25 -27 February 2010) in cooperation with the World Heritage Centre,
3. Notes the detailed report provided by the expert meeting which reflects on a wide range of issues relevant to serial and transnational World Heritage properties and nominations and also notes that an publication is under preparation;
4. Approves the conclusions and recommendations aimed at promoting and implementing the concept of transnational serial nominations as a tool for international cooperation, shared approaches and better management and conservation practice;
5. Further notes that draft changes to Annex 2 and Annex 5 of the Operational Guidelines have been included in Document WHC-10/34.COM/13 for consideration of the World Heritage Committee.
6. Takes note of the discussions of the working group on the Operational Guidelines established during the 34th session of the World Heritage Committee and requests the World Heritage Centre, in cooperation with the Advisory Bodies, to prepare proposals for amendments, in particular for annex 2 and 5, for discussion by the working group and for examination by the Committee at its 35th session in 2011.