34 COM 9C
Progress report on Global Training Strategy (including Category 2 Centres)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-10/34.COM/9C,
2. Notes the progress made on the revision of the Global Training Strategy;
3. Notes with appreciation the contribution of the State Party of Switzerland to the revision process leading towards a new World Heritage Capacity Building Strategy and to an interim capacity building programme for World Heritage;
4. Welcomes the further development of the existing World Heritage Category 2 Centres and encourages these centres to develop strategic plans in consultation with the World Heritage Centre and Advisory Bodies, and to coordinate their activities where relevant and also welcomes the offer of the Kingdom of Bahrain to host a meeting of the Category 2 Centres in December 2010.
5. Also notes the significant additional funding requirements necessary to achieve a complete and effective World Heritage Capacity Building Strategy;
6. Endorses the concept of the Revised Strategy moving from a more traditional focus on training to a wider approach on capacity building in keeping with the Strategic Directions of the World Heritage Committee (the "5C's");
7. Requests ICCROM, in collaboration with IUCN, ICOMOS, the World Heritage Centre, the UNESCO Chairs and Category 2 Centres related to World Heritage to finalize a new World Heritage Capacity Building Strategy as outlined in Document WHC-10/34.COM/9C, according to the timetable presented in the document, for discussion at its 35th session in 2011;
8. Further requests States Parties to prioritize the allocation of additional financial resources to support capacity building, taking into account the most important needs identified through the new World Heritage Capacity Building Strategy.