The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 32 COM 7B.108, adopted at its 32nd session (Quebec City, 2008)
3. Regrets that no consideration has been given to halting the construction of the tunnel or to re-routing it further away from the temple of Sagrada Familia;
4. Urges the State Party to allow a thorough analysis of the potential adverse impacts and mitigation measures on the design and implementation of the tunnel and relevant impact assessment systems for examination by the Advisory Bodies;
5. Encourages the State Party to invite an independent technical expert mission to the property in 2009, to review the project, its potential adverse impacts, and possible irreversible damage to the structure of the temple of Sagrada Familia;
6. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2010, a detailed updated report on the project for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010.