Achaeological site of Panamá Viejo and Historic District of Panamá (Panama) (C 790 bis)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 27 COM 8C.40, adopted at its 27th session (UNESCO, 2003),
3. Requests the State Party, in consultation with the World Heritage Centre and ICOMOS, to develop a draft Statement of Outstanding Universal Value including the conditions of integrity and authenticity, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009;
4. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, a comprehensive report on the current management system;
5. Additionally requests the State Party to invite a joint World Heritage Centre / ICOMOS Reactive Monitoring mission to assess the current state of conservation, the authenticity and the integrity of the property, and to give recommendations to enhance management and conservation practices, as well as guidance on an Emergency Plan;
6. Requests moreover the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2009, with an updated report on the issues above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009, with a view to considering, in the absence of substantial progress, the inscription of the property on the List of World Heritage in Danger.