From the 3 to the 7 October 2016, the Category 2 Centre, Lucio Costa Centre in cooperation with the Latin American and the Caribbean unit of the World Heritage Centre will hold the “Workshop on the fundamental concepts and methodologies for the implementation of the Convention concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage (1972)” towards the elaboration of the Capacity Building Programme for World Heritage in South America from the Category 2 Centre, Lucio Costa Centre.
The main objective of the workshop is to disseminate key concepts and methodologies related to the timely implementation of the World Heritage Convention and identify with the States Parties concerned the main themes to be developed by the Capacity Building Programme of World Heritage in South America of Lucio Costa Centre.
The workshop is proposed as a dynamic space for exchange between instructors and participants organised in 7 thematic classes that include master classes and analysis of case studies in the region as detonators for discussion and exchange on the various national contexts on each topic.
Which themes will be developed?
- Introduction to the World Heritage Convention
- Fundamental concepts of the World Heritage Convention
- Processes of the World Heritage Convention
- World Heritage Management
- World Heritage Management Systems
- Tools for World Heritage Management Systems
- Current World Heritage processes and projects
Who will participate?
- Focal points of cultural and natural World Heritage invited States Parties
- Site managers from Brazilian World Heritage properties
- Advisory bodies and the World Heritage Centre
- Representatives of the Lucio Costa Centre
- Representatives of IPHAN and ICMBIO
States Parties invited
South America: Argentina; Bolivia; Colombia; Chile; Ecuador; Paraguay; Peru; Uruguay and Venezuela.
Africa: Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau and Mozambique.