Third HERITY International Conference - Observing Cultural Heritage
Cette page n'est pas intégralement disponible en français, vous pouvez la consulter en anglais.
Within the framework of the international conferences which HERITY organizes every two years, the first (2006) was on Quality in Cultural Heritage Management: models and methods of classification, and the Second (2008) on Measuring the Value of material Cultural Heritage. After each conference the proceedings are published. The Third conference will be focused on "Observing Cultural Heritage" Evaluating the state of conservation and communicating it to the public.
One can see that the conferences follow the order of the four sectors of the "HERITY target", used to score the level of quality management of a place: Value, Conservation, Communication and Services.
The scope of the Conference includes all Museums, Monuments, Libraries, Archives and Archaeological sites open to the public and under some form of management whether public or private. During the last 30 years, various tools have been developed for evaluating the state of conservation of cultural heritage. This conference will consider two types of such tools:
- tools developed by specialists for evaluation of the state of conservation of places in which the results can be compared over time regardless of the site's type, location or historical period;
- tools that inform visitors about the state of conservation of the place they visit, in order to engage them in better practices for preventive conservation.
The Conference is aimed at managers of heritage places open to the public, managing companies, specialists in conservation, politicians and public administrators, tourism professionals and guides, educational services to cultural places, students and professors from schools and universities and, of course, visitors of cultural heritage places.
Conclusions are reached thanks to ICCROM, UNESCO-WHC, UN-WTO, HERITY International.
Program of the Conference
1st DAY (12/04/10)
1. Opening of the Conference
2. Key note speech - Why the public is essential for conservation today
3. Opening of the Poster Session
4. Session I - How does one evaluate the state of conservation of Cultural Heritage?
5. Case studies
2nd DAY (12/05/10)
7. Session II - Tools for informing and involving visitors
9. On-site visits
10. Social event
3rd DAY (12/06/10)
11. Session III - The HERITY experience
4th DAY (12/07/10)
Meeting of the International HERITY Committee (members only)
(December 3, 2010: pre-registration and the coordinators meeting).
Call for papers deadline: July 31, 2010.
Registration deadline: October 31, 2010 (November 30 with surcharge).
Complete information at www.herity.it.
For Participating In
Prior registration is requested at:
V. E. Filiberto, 17
00185 ROMA RM
samedi 4 décembre 2010
lundi 6 décembre 2010