United Nations Foundation
The United Nations Foundation (UNF) is a public charity supporting the goals and objectives of the Charter of United Nations by building and implementing public-private partnerships and promoting various actions.
Since 1998, UNF has had a cooperation agreement with the United Nations to achieve the objectives of the Charter of United Nations through innovative, forward-looking and proactive projects that make contributions to the well-being of the world. To improve this collaboration, the United Nations created a United Nations Fund of International Partnerships (UNFIP) destined to receive grants from UNF for projects.
UNF and UNFIP have carried out, in partnership with the World Heritage Centre, projects on the world's biological diversity and the promotion of the importance of natural heritage for the future of humankind.
In 2003, a partnership agreement was created between UNF and the World Heritage Centre to raise awareness about World Heritage, particularly in the United States, and to mobilize support for both cultural and natural World Heritage sites, notably through the creation of web pages.
- Grant subventions to support the United Nations in the achievement of the goals and principles of the Charter of the United Nations.
- Support financial projects and activities to broaden public awareness about actions of the United Nations.
- Biodiversity Conservation in Regions of Armed Conflict: Protecting World Heritage in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- CAWHFI component co-financed by the United Nation Foundation (2004-2010)
- Central Africa World Heritage Forest Initiative (CAWHFI)
- Control and Eradication of Invasives Species:A Necessary Condition for Conserving Endemic Biodiversity of the Galapagos World Heritage Site
- Eastern Tropical Pacific Seascape Project
- Engaging Local Communities in the Stewardship of World Heritage (COMPACT)
- Enhancing our Heritage- Monitoring and managing for success in World Natural Heritage sites
- Friends of World Heritage
- Linking Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable Tourism at World Heritage Sites
- Rapid Response Facility (RRF)
- World Heritage Map
- World Heritage and Sustainable Tourism Programme
- World Heritage in the Congo Basin
- [in French only] Promouvoir le Patrimoine Mondial à Madagascar
- Rapid Response Facility helping combat Mt. Kenya fires 21-Mar-2012
- The Rapid Response Facility Contributes to avoiding the ecological isolation of Romania's Retezat Massif 03-Feb-2012
- Statement of the United Nations Foundation in Support of the World Heritage Convention’s 40th Anniversary 30-Jan-2012
- Rapid Response Facility awards grant to Côte d'Ivoire component of Mount Nimba 13-Jan-2012
- Human - Elephant conflict: Rapid Response Facility awards emergency grant to the Wildlife Conservation Society of Tanzania 10-May-2011