14. As in previous years, IUCN reported on the conservation of natural properties inscribed on the World Heritage List and the List of World Heritage in Danger. An information document (CC-86/CONF.003/INF.4) prepared by IUCN presented up-to-date information on some 16 natural properties.
15. The Committee was glad to learn of improvements or of a stabilisation in the previously deteriorating situation of certain properties, notably Djoudj National Park (Senegal), Ngorongoro Conservation area (Tanzania) and Garamba National Park (Zaire) (all inscribed on the List of World Heritage in Danger). Improvements were also noted for the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park (Australia), Pirin National Park (Bulgaria), Manas Tiger Reserve (India), Niokolo Koba National Park (Senegal) and Aldabra Atoll (Seychelles). The Committee requested IUCN to keep it informed of the conservation status of Iguazu and Los Glaciares National Parks (Argentina), Mt. Nimba (Guinea/Côte d'Ivoire) and Ichkeul National Park (Tunisia).
36. In accordance with the revised procedure, the Committee also approved the following four requests which had been kept in obeyance either due to lack of funds under the 1986 budget or to receipt after the deadline:
- Equipment for conservation measures in Tassili N'Ajjer National Park
- Consultant services to advise on the eradication of feral goats in Aldabra Atoll and equipment
Peru - $35,400
- Financial support for the implementation of the management plan for Huascaran National Park - $30,100
- Support for associated training activities for park wardens - $5,300
Peru - 34,500
- Financial support for the implementation of the management plan for Machu Pichu Historical Sanctuary - $26,500
- Support for associated training activities - $8,000
No draft decision proposed