Draft Decision: 29 COM 7B.79
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Noting with concern the information provided concerning the project for the construction of high-rise buildings located in the vicinity of the Old Town of Vilnius which will have a considerable visual impact on the property,
3. Regrets the demolition of the wooden heritage located in these construction areas which although not part of the World Heritage designated area, nevertheless form part of the cultural heritage of Vilnius,
4. Strongly urges the authorities of Lithuania to revise these projects to ensure the maintenance of the outstanding universal value and the integrity of the World Heritage property and reminds the authorities of their commitment to the implementation of the World Heritage Convention,
5. Requests the State Party to provide a detailed report on the development projects, the overall town planning and administrative provision in place to ensure the adequate preservation of the property to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2006 for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 30th session in 2006.