Not examined by the Committee.
Draft Decision: 30 COM 7B.90
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.84, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Noting with concern the long delays in launching the process of the preparation of the site management plan despite the efforts by the State Party,
4. Noting with appreciation the results of the January 2006 workshop to assist, redefine and redirect the management planning process and the collaboration between the State Party, ICOMOS, ICCROM, the World Heritage Centre and the UNESCO Venice Office,
5. Requests the State Party to invite a joint World Heritage Centre / ICOMOS mission with natural heritage expertise to the property to examine the suitability of the proposed bridge at Verige and its impacts on the cultural and landscape values of the property;
6. Encourages the State Party to call on the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies for any expertise which may be required to complete the management plan;
7. Strongly encourages the State Party to complete the management plan at the earliest opportunity and requests it to provide the World Heritage Centre with a progress report on its elaboration as well as a timetable for its implementation by 1 February 2007 for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.