The International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property (ICCROM)
The International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property (ICCROM) is an intergovernmental organization created to promote the conservation of all forms of cultural heritage, in every region of the world. Its mission is to provide Member States with the best tools, knowledge, skills and enabling environment to preserve their cultural heritage in all of its forms, for the benefit of all people. Through its work, ICCROM is contributing to the environmental, social and economic sustainability of communities.
Working on the front lines of conservation, nationally and internationally, and with institutions and professionals on the ground, ICCROM commits to:
- Studying and promoting cultural heritage conservation;
- Mobilizing and coordinating expertise to address critical issues of conservation;
- Providing the training and research tools for implementation to strengthen the professional community.
ICCROM is an active partner in the World Heritage Information Network. As an Advisory Body to the World Heritage Committee, it provides expert advice on how to conserve and manage listed properties, and it offers a variety of training opportunities to professionals charged with their care.
- Latin America and the Caribbean region starts the Third Cycle of Periodic Reporting Exercise 01-Oct-2021
- Call for Proposals - Capacity building in Risk management and protection systems in Africa 14-Sep-2021
- Looking into the future: Highlights of the Regional Action Plan for Africa (2021‐2027) 03-Aug-2021
- Online Technical Workshop on Heritage Impact Assessment: The Case of Historic Cairo 07-Jul-2021
- The official launch of the regional project for capacity building in Risk management and protection systems in Africa 28-Jun-2021
- World Heritage Site Managers' Forum 2021 07-Jul-2021-13-Jul-2021
- Online Training for the Periodic Reporting Exercise in Asia and the Pacific: Management Plans & Impact Assessments 25-Feb-2021-25-Feb-2021
- Online Training for the Periodic Reporting Exercise in Asia and the Pacific: Factors Affecting the Properties 03-Dec-2020-03-Dec-2020
- Online Training for the Periodic Reporting Exercise in Asia and the Pacific: Outstanding Universal Value & Attributes 12-Nov-2020-12-Nov-2020
- Sustainable Heritage Management Course Opening & Special Panel 09-Nov-2020-09-Nov-2020