The International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property
The International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property (ICCROM) is an intergovernmental organization created to promote the conservation of all forms of cultural heritage, in every region of the world. Its mission is to provide Member States with the best tools, knowledge, skills and enabling environment to preserve their cultural heritage in all of its forms, for the benefit of all people. Through its work, ICCROM is contributing to the environmental, social and economic sustainability of communities.
Working on the front lines of conservation, nationally and internationally, and with institutions and professionals on the ground, ICCROM commits to:
- Studying and promoting cultural heritage conservation;
- Mobilizing and coordinating expertise to address critical issues of conservation;
- Providing the training and research tools for implementation to strengthen the professional community.
ICCROM is an active partner in the World Heritage Information Network. As an Advisory Body to the World Heritage Committee, it provides expert advice on how to conserve and manage listed properties, and it offers a variety of training opportunities to professionals charged with their care.
- Changing the face of Heritage and Conservation in Africa: Experts Meeting to examine the new ICCROM Programme on African Cultural Heritage Friday, 18 January 2019
- UNESCO and ICCROM Join Forces to Protect Cultural Heritage Monday, 16 October 2017
- Reflection workshop: Effective involvement of local communities in managing cultural heritage Thursday, 2 March 2017
- Consultancy contract: technical assistance on nature conservation in the elaboration of a management planning document Thursday, 3 March 2016
- Consultancy contract: technical assistance on cultural heritage for the elaboration of a management planning document Thursday, 3 March 2016
- UNESCO-Africa-China Forum on World Heritage Capacity Building and Cooperation 09-Apr-2019-11-Apr-2019
- Call for Applications: regional meeting on transboundary cooperation for effective management of World Heritage sites in Africa 21-Oct-2018
- Course on Promoting People-Centred Approaches: Engaging Communities in the Conservation of Nature and Culture 04-Oct-2016-13-Oct-2016
- Albania to host 3rd Management Planning Workshop and Thematic Training for the protection of Lake Ohrid region 07-Dec-2015-10-Dec-2015
- 1st Call for communications: Terra 2016 – XIIth World Congress on Earthen Architectures 30-Oct-2014-10-Jan-2015