Jaeger-LeCoultre affirms commitment to marine conservation at Global Conference on Oceans
During the Fifth Global Conference on Oceans, Coasts, and Islands held at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, France from 3-7 May, Mr. Yves Meylan, Director France of the Swiss luxury watch manufacturer Jaeger-LeCoultre gave a keynote address on private sector engagement for marine conservation. Mr. Meylan presented the innovative Tides of Time partnership among Jaeger-LeCoultre, the International Herald Tribune and the UNESCO World Heritage Centre and demonstrated how private sector interests can be linked successfully with a strong engagement for marine conservation.
In addition to a 3-year media campaign in the print and online editions of the International Herald Tribune, the partnership also provides core financial resources to the World Heritage Marine Programme. The symposium was closed with a special address by H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco, whose Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation supports marine protection and encourages sustainable development.
Other news (8)
- Marine World Heritage: The Crown Jewels of the Ocean event calls for support of marine sites Friday, February 8, 2013
- Jaeger-LeCoultre auction benefits Puerto-Princesa Subterranean River National Park Thursday, March 22, 2012
- Jaeger-LeCoultre auction proceeds support Sundarbans National Park Thursday, April 22, 2010
- Jaeger-LeCoultre launches its second online auction for the preservation of World Heritage sites Wednesday, March 10, 2010
- Jaeger-LeCoultre and the International Herald Tribune continue to support the World Heritage Marine Programme Friday, June 26, 2009
- Tubbataha Reef Marine Park in the Philippines receives £13,540 from an auction organized by Jaeger-LeCoultre Friday, March 20, 2009
- Jaeger-LeCoultre watch to be auctioned for World Heritage preservation Thursday, February 12, 2009
- Jaeger-LeCoultre and International Herald Tribune provide support to World Heritage Marine Programme Friday, September 12, 2008