Historical Ensemble of the Potala Palace, Lhasa (China)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined the report on the state of conservation of this property and further information provided by the Centre;
2. Takes note of the additional information presented by the State Party;
3. Encourages the State Party to continue its efforts to rehabilitate and enhance the state of conservation of this World Heritage property;
4. Expresses its appreciation to the State Party for welcoming the proposal for a joint UNESCO-ICOMOS reactive monitoring mission to examine the state of conservation of the property and to undertake consultations with the site management authorities;
5. Requests that a joint UNESCO-ICOMOS reactive monitoring mission with this mandate be organized before the 27th session of the Committee;
6. Decides to examine the findings and recommendations of this mission at its 27th session in June/July 2003.