Acropolis, Athens (Greece)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Regrets that the Greek authorities did not provide the report requested by 1 February 2003 until 2 July 2003;
2. Recalls its request (26 COM 21 (b) 49) that the State Party give urgent consideration to a redefinition of the buffer zone in order to better protect the visual setting of the monument;
3. Further recalls its request (26 COM 21 (b) 49) that the State Party provide information on any development projects, which may impact on the visual integrity of the World Heritage property and undertake a visual impact study, notably concerning the property of the Acropolis;
4. Urges the State Party to prevent any activity which would cause irreversible damage to the outstanding universal value of the property;
5. Requests the State Party to submit a report to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004 in order that the World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004.