27 COM 7B.57
Historic Centre of Vienna (Austria)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Expressing its appreciation to the Austrian authorities for their strong commitment to the implementation of the World Heritage Convention and the considerable efforts in finding a suitable solution in close collaboration with ICOMOS and the World Heritage Centre,;
2. Acknowledges the establishment of a management plan for the Historic Centre of Vienna;
3. Further acknowledges the decision of the city authorities to revise the design of the "Wien-Mitte" project and to launch an architectural competition on city planning and to amend the relevant building codes;
4. Regrets that, in spite of the clear indications of the World Heritage Committee, one high-rise tower - not part of the "Wien-Mitte" Project - is being built;
5. Requests the State Party to continue to inform and collaborate with the World Heritage Centre and ICOMOS concerning the further development of the project and to provide a report thereupon to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004 in order that the World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004.