The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Documents WHC-15/39.COM/8B.Add and WHC-15/39.COM/INF.8B2.Add,
- Refers the minor boundary modification of Darien National Park, Panama, back to the State Party, to allow it to complete the following actions, and invites the State Party to resubmit the proposal when these have been completed:
- Provide a topographic map (or multiple maps if necessary) at the largest available scale (1:75000 at least) clearly outlining the proposed minor boundary modification(s) and specifying and visualizing their relationship to the existing boundary of the property;
- Reconfirm in a specific and concise statement the key values in each of the new areas proposed for addition to the property and also confirm how the additional areas will be managed, and provide a copy of the management plan indicating how it would apply to the property with its revised boundary;
- Confirm that the necessary legal decrees referred to in the proposal, to enable protection of the property, have been formally approved, and provide a copy of the approved and signed decree;
- Confirm, and provide supporting information and documentation, on the necessary consultation with indigenous peoples and local communities in support of the proposed addition of the new areas to the property;
- Encourages the State Party of Panama, with the support of IUCN and the World Heritage Centre, to continue to consider options to strengthen the protection and management of the property including, in consultation with the State Party of Colombia, on matters related to transboundary conservation with the adjacent World Heritage property of Los Katios National Park.