Decision : 27 COM 7B.56
Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz (Uzbekistan)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Noting with concern the findings and recommendations of the UNESCO expert following the urgent request of the State Party to assess the state of conservation of the Ak Sarai Palace and other main buildings within Shakhrisyabz,;
2. Recalling that at the time of the inscription on the World Heritage List, the State Party had assured the World Heritage Committee on plans to elaborate a comprehensive conservation and management plan to strengthen the conservation process at this property,
3. Recalling further that no international assistance has been made available for this property to date,;
4. Requests the State Party, in close co-operation with the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies, to accelerate its efforts towards the elaboration of a long-term comprehensive conservation and management plan for the historic centre of Shakhrisyabz and its main buildings, especially for the conservation of the Ak Sarai Palace;
5. Requests the State Party to inform the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004 on the progress made in elaborating and implementing a long-term comprehensive conservation and management plan for the property in order that the World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004.