Decision : 37 COM 7B.92
Tiwanaku: Spiritual and Political Centre of the Tiwanaku Culture (Bolivia, Plurinational State of) (C 567rev)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-13/37.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decision 35 COM 7B.119 , adopted at its 35th session (UNESCO, 2011),
3. Notes with satisfaction the adoption of the Presidential Decree of September 2011, creating the Centre of Archaeological and Anthropological Research and Management of Tiwanaku (CIAAAT);
4. Also notes the results of the International Meeting of experts held at Tiwanaku, Bolivia in August 2012 and organized within the framework of the Japanese Funds-in-Trust project to define regulations and guidelines for the development of a conservation plan for the property, and endorses its recommendations;
5. Requests the State Party to finalize the Conservation Plan for Tiwanaku and submit it to the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies for review by 1 February 2014 ;
6. Also requests the State Party upon approval of the Conservation plan, to develop the Management Plan for the property, which should include risk preparedness and public use components; and articulate it with other existing planning tools, such as the land use plan and submit the draft to the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies for evaluation;
7. Further requests the State Party to finalize the process of appointment of the Executive Director of the CIAAAT, to ensure adequate staffing for the implementation of the conservation measures and the management plan of the property, and to inform the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies on the activities undertaken by the CIAAAT.
8. Requests furthermore the State Party to establish a buffer zone for the property to ensure the protection of its Outstanding Universal Value and conditions of authenticity and integrity;
9. Requests moreover the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies, as per Paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines , technical specifications on planned projects relating to interventions at the property and its museums, for consideration and review prior to implementation;
10. Finally requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2014 , an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 38th session in 2014.