The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 30 COM 7B.89, adopted at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006),
3. Welcomes the State Party’s decision to clearly designate a management entity (Parques de Sintra-Monte da Lua - PSML) that is supported both politically and financially by all public territorial institutions concerned;
4. Commends the State Party for having provided a concise Action Plan for the period 2007-2009;
5. Requests the State Party to adopt improved measures to control urban encroachment in the core and buffer zones of the World Heritage property;
6. Also requests the State Party to ensure the continuous political and financial support of the site management entity so as to advance the preparations and elaboration of the World Heritage Site Management Plan for 2010-2014;
7. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre an updated report by 1 February 2009 on the progress made in the implementation of the Action Plan for examination by the Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.