31 COM 7B.103
Kremlin and Red Square, Moscow (Russian Federation)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 18 COM IX.20, adopted at its 18th session (Phuket, 1994), and in particular “to be kept informed on any development in this World Heritage site”;
3. Urges the State Party to halt all demolition works within the boundary of the World Heritage property of the Kremlin and Red Square in Moscow or its buffer zone until a detailed assessment of any threats to the outstanding universal value, authenticity and integrity of this property is being carried out;
4. Requests the State Party to invite a World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS/ICCROM joint mission to the property to assess its state of conservation;
5. Also requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with a detailed report by 1 February 2008 on the state of conservation of the property, including the information on the status and the likely impact on the authenticity and integrity of the property, of any demolition, reconstruction, and restoration works within the boundary of the World Heritage property and its buffer zone, as well as technical details concerning the structural stability of the historic buildings at the property, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 32nd session in 2008.