Decision : 31 COM 7B.94
Historic Centre of Prague (Czech Republic)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B.Add,
2. Expresses its serious concern about the proposed high-rise building projects within the buffer zone which potentially could impact on the visual integrity of the Historic Centre of Prague;
3. Requests the State Party to reconsider current building projects as to their impacts on the World Heritage property’s Outstanding Universal Value, and also requests that any new construction projects respect the Outstanding Universal Value and important views to and from the property.
4. Recommends the State Party to conduct comparative studies in terms of sustainable management of historic towns in cooperation with the relevant Scientific Committees of the Advisory Bodies;
5. Further requests the State Party to invite a joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS reactive monitoring mission to assess the state of conservation of the property;
6. Also requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with a detailed report by 1 February 2008, on the state of conservation of the property, including the visual impact study and describing any steps undertaken in view of high-rise development for examination by the Committee at its 32nd session in 2008.
2007 Historic Centre of Prague