Ancient City of Damascus (Syrian Arab Republic) (C 20)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-11/35.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 34 COM 7B.64, adopted at its 34th session (Brasilia, 2010),
3. Takes note of the proposals by the State Party, including the establishment of a buffer zone, the modification or abandonment of deleterious developments, the improvement of conservation standards, the use of traditional materials, and the improved controlling of illegal developments;
4. Reiterates its request to the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre, for review by the Advisory Bodies, detailed information on the four rehabilitation projects, and on the redesign of King Faisal Street area and Medhat Pasha Cultural Centre before further work is undertaken;
5. Also reiterates the urgent need for the preparation and adoption of a Conservation and Management Plan to be submitted to the World Heritage Centre for review by the Advisory Bodies;
6. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2013, a state of conservation report and on the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 37th session in 2013.