The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined the Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev
and the Draft Decision 29 COM 7B.67.Rev,29 COM 7B.67.Rev
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15B.75, adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Warmly commends both States Parties of Lithuania and the Russian Federation for establishing an agreement by the deadline of 1 February 2005 to perform a joint post-project Environmental Impact Assessment for the D-6 oil platform and pipeline, together with other activities related to bilateral cooperation for safeguarding the property, and therefore avoiding the inscription of the property on the List of World Heritage in Danger;
4. Requests both States Parties to implement the joint post-project EIA process and to sign the bilateral agreement concerning cooperation in case of pollution accidents, pollution prevention/mitigation and compensation measures including the cooperation plan in case of pollution accidents in the Baltic sea as outlined in the action plan according to the timetable;
5. Also requests the States Parties to provide the World Heritage Centre with a state of conservation report of the property, including information on progress of cooperation between the States Parties regarding the joint post-project EIA process and other activities specified in the action plan by 1 February 2006 for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006).