Provins, Town of Medieval Fairs (France) (C 873 rev)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-10/34.COM/7B,
2. Takes note of information provided by the State Party in response to concerns raised by the revision of the Architectural, Urban and Heritage Landscape Protection Zones (ZPPAUP);
3. Regrets the decision concerning the revision of the ZPPAUPs, despite the unfavorable advice of the competent regional services, thus weakening the protection of the entire property;
4. Requests the State Party to reconsider the decision concerning the revision of the ZPPAUPs in order to guarantee a satisfactory legal protection and procedural authorization adapted to the status of the property and its buffer zone, and to avoid any construction negatively impacting on its Outstanding Universal Value and its integrity;
5. Also requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre, in conformity with Paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines, with detailed information and impact studies of any project affecting the World Heritage property, for evaluation by the World Heritage Centre and ICOMOS, before granting any irreversible authorization;
6. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, before 1 February 2012, a detailed report on the state of conservation of the property and progress achieved in the implementation of the above recommendations, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 36th session in 2012.