The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-10/34.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 33 COM 7B. 61, adopted at its 33rd session (Seville, 2009),
3. Commends the State Party for the progress achieved both on the Management Plan, the Souq project, and the restoration of various parts of the property;
4. Requests the State Party to fully adopt the Management Plan as soon as it is finalized to ensure the proper management and conservation of the property;
5. Also requests the State Party to submit the revised proposal for the restoration of the souq to the World Heritage Centre for review by the Advisory Bodies and the World Heritage Centre;
6. Further requests the State Party to implement the set of recommendations outlined in the World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS/ICCROM reactive monitoring mission report of December 2009, notably to continue with research on the earthen bricks with the aim of producing guidelines for improving their quality as a building material, to consider enlarging the buffer zone to ensure the necessary protection of the property and to take steps to begin the conservation of the Falaj system;
7. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2012 an updated report on the state of conservation and progress made in responding to the recommendations above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 36th session in 2012.