34 COM 7B.11
Sichuan Giant Panda Sanctuaries - Wolong, Mt Siguniang and Jiajin Mountains (China) (N 1213)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-10/34.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decision 30 COM 8B.22, adopted at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006),
3. Commends the State Party for its achievements in implementing the recommendations adopted at the time of inscription, despite the impacts of the Wenchuan earthquake, but notes that a number of these have only been partially implemented;
4. Requests the State Party to fully implement the recommendations made at the time of inscription, and in particular to rapidly undertake actions to enhance integrated monitoring and management capacity across all 18 management units of the property, establish and implement tourism management plans and monitoring programmes, and implement the ecosystem restoration aspects of the post-earthquake recovery plan, especially in Wolong Reserve, and encourages the State Party to pay particular attention to the these issues;
5. Strongly encourages the State Party to consider expanding the property to include the Rongjin Nature Reserve as a critical link between the giant panda populations of Quionglaishan and Liangshan.