32 COM 6B
Progress report on the creation of the Pacific World Heritage Fund
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/6B,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 11C, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Takes note of the developments that have taken place with regard to the establishment of the Pacific World Heritage Fund;
4. Encourages the States Parties of the Pacific region to work with the World Heritage Centre on the development of this proposal, building on lessons learnt from the African World Heritage Fund and adapting it to the region's needs.
5. Invites the States Parties of the Pacific region to present a progress report on this initiative, for the consideration of the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.