Decision : 32 COM 7.1
Presentation of the results of the international experts meeting on World Heritage and buffer zones
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7.1,
2. Recalling Decision 30 COM 9, adopted at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006) and thanking the States Parties of Israel and Switzerland for jointly hosting the International Expert Meeting on World Heritage and Buffer Zones (Davos, Switzerland, 11-14 March 2008) in cooperation with the World Heritage Centre;
3. Notes the detailed report provided by the expert meeting which reflects on a wide range of issues relevant to World Heritage and buffer zones and also notes the publication under preparation for the World Heritage paper series;
4. Requests the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies to use the terms "property" and "buffer zone" in all documents, and to stop using the term "core zone".
5. Also requests the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies to prepare draft revisions to the Operational Guidelines, taking account of the Committee's debate on the results of the International Expert Meeting on World Heritage and Buffer Zones by 1 December 2008, with particular emphasis on developing a lexicon of terms;
6. Further requests the World Heritage Centre to circulate these draft revisions to States Parties for comment, so that the proposed revisions can be submitted for consideration by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.
- International Expert meeting on World Heritage and buffer zones Mar 11, 2008-Mar 14, 2008