The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 30 COM 7B.62, adopted at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006),
3. Welcomes the progress made in the development of an updated Plan for the Protection of the Historic and Cultural City (site management plan), as requested at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006);
4. Takes note of the State Party's intention to prepare a proposal for extension of the existing World Heritage property to include the entire historic town of Suzhou, and other historical canal towns within the same geo-cultural area in China;
5. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2009, the approved revised Master Plan for the City of Suzhou (2007-2020) and the Site management plan, as well as an English summary of their contents, for review by the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies.