The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 7B.15, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Commends the State Party for consulting with stakeholders on the modification of the boundaries of the property; and for its Comprehensive River Basin Planning process and encourages it to extend this consultation with stakeholders, particularly the local communities, on its plans for dam building in the region;
4. Requests the State Party to provide the following documents and reports when complete and as soon as possible for review and comment by the World Heritage Committee before their finalisation and implementation:
a) Environmental Impact Assessments for Comprehensive River Basin Planning and Special Hydroelectric Dam Planning for the following rivers:
i) middle and lower reaches of the Nujiang River: The Report on Hydroelectric Dam Planning in the Middle and Lower Basins of Nujiang River for the 9-scalar dam;
ii) upper reaches of Lancang River: The Report on Hydroelectric Dam Planning in the Upper Reach Segment of Lancang River for the 5-scalar dam; and
iii) middle reaches of the Jinsha River: The Concise Report on the Comprehensive Planning for use of Yangtze River Basin for unspecified dams;
b) Environmental Impact Assessments or operation plans for planned or existing mines demonstrating environmental management practices to prevent negative effects on the property;
c) plans and justification for the modification of boundaries, including how ecological connectivity issues are being addressed.
5. Also requests the State Party to highlight specific direct and indirect impacts of dam construction on the values of the property;
6. Further requests , in addition to the reporting on points above, the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2010, a detailed report on the state of conservation of the property, including status of hydroelectric dam planning and development and boundary modification, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010.