28 COM 15A.8
Rwenzori Mountains National Park (Uganda)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Congratulates the State Party for successfully addressing most of the recommendations of the IUCN/World Heritage Centre mission and for the work undertaken to maintain the integrity of the property despite the difficult socio-economic and political situation faced by the country in recent years;
2. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre a copy of the General Management Plan as soon as it is approved by the Board of Trustees of Uganda Wildlife Authority and a map indicating the precise surveyed and marked boundary as soon as the activity to retrace and delineate the border is completed;
3. Further requests the State Party to submit a report by 1 February, 2005 on the progress in the implementation of the General Management Plan, the preparation and implementation of a Tourism Strategy for the property, the demarcation of the boundaries, the removal of mines from the property and measures taken to enhance the human and financial resources required for the effective management of the property for consideration by the World Heritage Committee at its 29th session in 2005;
4. Encourages the State Party to work with UNESCO, IUCN and the DRC protected area authority to develop trans-boundary co-operation with the Virunga National Park and other World Heritage properties of the Democratic Republic of Congo;
5. Decides to remove Rwenzori Mountains National Park from the List of World Heritage in Danger.