Bahla Fort (Oman)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31 COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 29 COM 7B.46 and 30 COM 7B.56, adopted at its 29th (Durban, 2005) and 30th (Vilnius, 2006) sessions,
3. Notes the efforts of the State Party in undertaking rehabilitation works and reminds the State Party that international standards of conservation and restoration should be applied;
4. Regrets that no progress has yet been achieved with respect to the previous decisions and recommendations of the Committee on the finalization of the Management Plan, taking into account the recommendations of the World Heritage Centre and ICOMOS, on its official adoption and implementation;
5. Urges the State Party to finalise and adopt the Management Plan, to establish the legal framework and set up the administrative structure for its implementation;
6. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2008, the adopted Management Plan and a detailed progress report on its implementation, the legal framework and administrative structure as well as the Souq project, for examination by the Committee at its 32nd session in 2008.