Volcanoes of Kamchatka (Russian Federation)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decision 30 COM 7B.25, adopted at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006),
3. Notes that the State Party has not reported on some of the specific issues raised in the 2004 UNESCO/IUCN mission report, as requested by the Committee at its 29th and 30th sessions;
4. Welcomes the increase in the number of inspectors working in the property, whilst encouraging the State Party to fill-up all vacant positions of inspectors, particularly in the Kronotsky Reserve, so as to enhance patrolling and control in the property;
5. Requests the State Party to provide to the World Heritage Centre and IUCN copies of the management plans for the different components of the property, as well as specific information on the status of salmon populations and habitats, interagency cooperation to control illegal logging and hunting activities, and the implications on the conservation of the property of the Kamchatka Regional Court decision, which has cancelled the programme Ecology and Nature Resources of the Kamchatka Region (2005-2010);
6. Also requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with an updated report by 1 February 2008 on the state of conservation of the property, including progress made in implementing the recommendations of previous Committee decisions, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 32nd session in 2008.