The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.73, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Notes with appreciation the decision by the Vienna authorities to stop the high-rise Kometgründe-Meidling project, as well as the results of the joint World Heritage Centre / ICOMOS mission in March 2006;
4. Encourages the authorities to review the buffer-zone of the World Heritage property so as to enlarge the protected area and to prepare a comprehensive management plan for the property that takes into account the broader urban landscape of the property;
5. Recalls the importance of the provisions of the Vienna Memorandum on "World Heritage and Contemporary Architecture, Managing the Historic Urban Landscape" (2005), as well as the fine-tuning of the "High-rise concept of Vienna", adopted by the City of Vienna in 2002 ;
6. Requests the State Party, in accordance with paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines, to inform the World Heritage Centre on any major urban development projects that may adversely affect the integrity of the property;
7. Further requests the State Party to keep the World Heritage Centre informed about any further new development for the Kometgründe-Meidling.