Decision : 30 COM 7B.7
State of Conservation (Serengeti National Park)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Commends the State Party for the recent approval of the general management plan (2005 to 2015) for the property and the development of the ecological monitoring programme for the property under the UNESCO-IUCN-UNF Enhancing Our Heritage project;
3. Urges the State Party to consult widely, including with IUCN and the World Heritage Centre, on the completion of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) relating to the proposed new lodge development at Bilila, and to carefully consider alternative options so that there are no adverse impacts on the integrity of the property;
4. Notes with concern the lack of response from the State Party to the World Heritage Centre's request for information on the lodge development;
5. Requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with an updated report by 1 February 2007 on this issue for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.